Friday, April 8, 2011

Calcio and Misc.


Some misc. pictures from the last month or so...

Back in March we went to the Derby (Rome v. Lazio).  Rome won, and it was their 5th derby victory in a row, which is a new record.  The fans were *slightly* out of control :)

With Tom, Emily 2, and Katie.

 Ch-ch-ch-changes!  Katie's boyfriend is moving into the apartment at the end of the month, and they will be taking over the big room.  Our other roommate Blake will switch with her into the small room.  The big room needed some TLC big time, including a fresh coat of paint on everything, so Katie took it upon herself to accomplish this daunting task. 

 A comparison of how dirty and yellowed the walls were, compared to the freshly painted side on the right.  Quite an improvement!

Old men playing bacce ball in the Villa Borghese on a Sunday afternoon.

 I've started to notice a few bits of graffiti on street signs lately.  I don't know if it's one artist or what, but I really like the idea and the results.

 I think this is my favorite one.

 With Thomas on a beautiful Sunday last weekend.  Spring is finally here and it has been consistently in the 70s.  I love it!

Katie's brother and girlfriend were in town last week, as well as her good friend Katie (yes, two Katies), so we all went out to dinner and then drank some wine on the portico of the Pantheon.  The Pantheon was a shrine to all the ancient gods and we decided to worship at the altar of vino!

 Katie took us all on a tour of the Vatican while everyone was in town.  I decided to tag along because I was interested in her guiding style and any pointers I could pick up for myself.

 She is amazing!

 Inside Pete's.

 It never gets old!

 Our whole group: Katie, Claudio, our friend Lori, her friend, me, the other Katie, Jen, and Katie's brother Eric.

 Another game, this one last weekend.  The fans were celebrating the team captain Francesco Totti's record amount of goals, thus all the signs with his name.

 This is the closest we've been to the flag guys.  I knew some of the flags were big but had no idea just how much so.

Seriously, they must have the most amazing arms!

No comments: