Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter


As has become tradition, (repeating something once makes it tradition, right?), we decided to celebrate Easter with a chocolate egg party.  Giant, hollow, chocolate eggs begin to fill the stores in Italy in early spring and each contains a toy surprise inside.  Whoever thought that such a treat was only for the children obviously hasn't met us...

The loot

All of us!  Starting with the blonde on the left: Treva, Debbie, Tom, me, Andrea, Flavio, Gianluca, Claudio, Marco, and Emily 2.

I decided to make Rice Krispy Treats for my contribution to the potluck.  Finding marshmallows was a problem, but I managed and they were delicious!

It's been a while since any of us have had Rice Krispy Treats.  And for all of the Italians it was their first time.  They gave mixed reviews ;)

Pillaging the eggs

The aftermath


On Easter Sunday itself I had lunch with Tom and his family in Umbria.  After the meal we went to the tiny town of Lugnano in Teverina for a walk.

View of Lugnano

Overlooking the Umbrian countryside from Lugnano's main piazza.  To my right is Tom's mother, and next to her are family friends of theirs that joined us for lunch.


 Stopping for a coffee in the piazza of Lugnano's duomo


I don't think I'll ever get sick of picturesque streets like this.  Also, I love getting out of Rome every now and then to be reminded how different each region of Italy is.


No comments: